Sunday, January 11, 2015

Top Five Beauty Products For 2014!!!

 
Well, I spent much of last year trying to reverse damage from illness or meds (we will not mention age), and trying to help myself gain some self confidence back.  In the process, I found many products that I absolutely love.  I have seen many bloggers do a top ten or a top 14 for 2014.  I decided to be different.  I decided to choose just five.  My criteria?  First of all, it had to be something that I would not want to be without and actually worked.  Secondly, it had to be readily available and cheap.  So, after much deliberation, these are the five that I have come up with.  (Top Left):  Studio 35 Beauty is found at Walgreens.  It is an Alpha Hydroxy Acid and can be used with your regular facial moisturizer.  It is wonderful.  I did notice my discolorations get lighter and my fine lines get less noticeable.  Best of all, it is around $8 for a huge jar.  The only down side is that it reminds me of Elmer's glue, but the smell disappears almost right away.  Beauty knows no pain, Ladies!!!  (Bottom Left):  Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque is an excellent treatment to use a couple of times a week to help keep breakouts away and your skin feeling fresh.  It is around $3 or $4 at Dollar General for a huge tube.  After you are done, your skin will feel tingly and fresh.  Love this.  (Bottom Right):  Aussie 3 Minute Miracle is a great way to keep dry hair looking shiny and feeling soft.  My hair is processed and my meds cause much breakage, as well.  this has made a huge difference.  I can actually comb through my hair with a comb and no tangles.  I purchase mine at Dollar General for less then $5.  (Top Right):  Boost It High Lift Creation Spray by L'Oreal is a little more expensive then the previous products.  It is between $6 and $8 at various drugstores.  However, I purchase mine at Rite Aid when they are on sale.  I use coupons and my Up Rewards.  Many times, I can get it for free.  I have thin hair and need the lift.  I just spray it at my roots and I look like I have the hair of a teenagers again.  So much volume that stays with me all day.  I do not use a lot, so this can has lasted forever.  It is used in conjunction with my everyday hairspray.  (Middle):  The 24 Hour Color Tattoos by Maybelline are awesome.  Not sure what they are full price because I only buy them on sale, with coupons, and my Up Rewards at Rite Aid.  They are very pigmented and last all day.  So much so that if I don't take my makeup off before I go to bed, it is still in place when I wake up.  I just use my finger for application and it only takes a few minutes to do my eye makeup.  Love these!!!  So, there you have it.  The five products I found in 2014 that I will not be without.  I know that some might think that this is useless information.  However, there are some that will find it very helpful.  Just because we get older, doesn't mean we stop caring about how we look.  In fact, some of us get more self conscious about taking care of ourselves.  Let's face it...they aren't passing out facelifts at Walmart as the Bluelight Special.  Even if they were, it's invasive and has side effects.  So, I look for products to help me make the most of what I have, cover up what I don't, and fake it on a bad day.  Ahhh!  The wonderful magic of good makeup, skincare, and hair products.  With the gift of these products, we can even convince ourselves we don't look as bad as we feel sometimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment