Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day!

It's amazing how God knows what we need, right at the right moment.  I have had a very challenging couple of weeks.  It would seem that my body is rebelling a bit.  Trying to move forward is a bit harder then I thought it would be.  There are daily schedule changes, medication changes, and dealing with limitations that all take more time for my system to adjust to.  However, I am starting to come around.  Life is definitely unpredictable.  Mother's Day was just what I needed.  There is nothing like having your family pamper you to make you feel like a very important part of their lives.  I will be honest.  I started feeling a bit taken advantage of.  I think all mom's go through those feelings from time to time.  We forget that they are just used to mom being the one who takes care of everything.  It's not their fault.  It's just how it is.  I am so lucky to have the family I do.  God reminded me of that today.


Although today was awesome, there was one thing missing.  Òur oldest son.  I am so proud of the soldier he is.  However, it is hard to be away from him on these special days.  No matter how old he gets, there will always be the worry and concern that I had for him while he was growing up.  It's hard to believe that he will be a parent himself soon.  I know that he will be an awesome dad.  I also know my beautiful, sweet daughter in law is going to be a special mommy.  They were meant to be parents.  You can see it in them when they are with other children.  I believe that the Lord brings special people together to bless with little ones who will be the best of both of them.  I feel it happened with Paul and I.  I also believe it has happened with them.  We are so excited.  A true blessing!


So, I want to wish all of my readers a wonderful Mother's Day.  Not just for today, but every day.  May we never forget the importance of what we do as moms.  We need to hold on to all the memories and create as many new ones as possible.  The impression we leave on our children goes way beyond high school graduation.  They don't stop being our children just because they moved away and started a life of their own.  The life they create for themselves is based on the life we gave them as children.  The values, the love, the whole package shapes them as adults.  If we are lucky, they will fill the purpose God has for their life.  There is more importance there then we often realize.  Definitely more then they will understand until they are our ages.  Many blessings and much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment