Monday, September 26, 2016

While I Wait...




I heard a line from a movie today, that hit me close to home.  The line was, "As I wait for you, Lord, I will serve you."  It brought out something in my thinking that I had not yet realized.  How many times have we prayed to God for answered pray, for health needs, for a loved one to come to know Him, financial needs, professional advancement, family peace, and even the growth of our churches?  Many times, we get so caught up in waiting for the answer, it cripples our life.  We become stagnant and so focused on looking for His answer, we forget that He knows the exact timing for that prayer to be answered.  We put our lives on hold.  We always think to ourselves, "When I know what God wants me to do."  What we should be doing is moving forward, trusting that Christ will wait for the right time for an answer.  He knows that you have burdens and needs.  It made me think about what I was doing for Him, as I am waiting on his answer.  I saw how impatient, self absorbed, and lost I would become while waiting for that answer.  What it, also, made me realize is that I should be serving Him while I wait.  This is not a relationship of you scratch my back, I scratch yours.  It is one of love, respect, kindness, and grace.  He has waited on me so many times in my life.  He has waited on all of us, at one point or another.  While He was waiting on us, He still provided us with homes, food, family, and things He knew we needed.  While we were guilty of sin. He still held us in His arms and loved us.  Maybe you think it is crazy.  I didn't.  In fact, it changed my whole way of looking at answered prayers and unanswered prayers.  Sometimes, we have to proof that we are ready to handle His next step for us.  He knows the exact moment and circumstances that will come about.  God is just waiting for that eye opening moment when it finally clicks to you.  You see some unsnswered prayers aren't unanswered at all.  They are waiting on the sidelines till God calls them onto the playing field.  Who could ask for a better coach?  Certainly not me!  Big hugs, much love, and many blessings!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment